Strayer University offers students a quality education that’s affordable, convenient, and supportive. Our flexible academic programs make it possible for you to earn a competitive MBA or your associate’s, bachelor’s, or master’s degree on your schedule, without interrupting your personal or professional life.
Established in 1892, Strayer University was designed to meet the educational needs of working adult students. To do this, we offer flexible class formats that allow you to balance a college education with your other responsibilities. Our programs include accounting, business, criminal justice, information systems, management, public administration, health services administration, and education.
When you enroll at Strayer University, you’ll join more than 60,000 working adult students who attend classes at more than 80 campuses or online. These students benefit from Strayer University’s dedicated team of admissions and student services officers, academic advisors, and technical support staff, who provide you with the guidance and support you need to ensure your educational success.
Strayer University offers accelerated programs on campus and online, taught by qualified faculty, with a flexible schedule that will fit your busy life. In addition, Strayer University provides the highest level of student support. From enrollment through graduation and beyond, we’re dedicated to your success.
- Flexible Class Schedules. Attend online classes any time you choose, or attend day and evening classes at a nearby campus. Also, you can attend classes online at the time and place of your choosing using our synchronous (real time) and/or asynchronous (any time) class formats. Our quarter system makes it possible for you to take more courses in a year than the traditional semester system, which means you can earn your degree faster than you might expect.
- Graduate Faster. Strayer University’s quarter system makes it possible for you to take more courses in a year than the traditional semester system, so you can graduate faster.
- Real-world education. Acquire a valuable education in Business, Public Administration, Information Technology, Management, Health Services Administration, Education, Criminal Justice and more.
- Qualified Faculty, Contemporary Curriculum. Since our founding, Strayer University has consistently worked to achieve the highest standards when it comes to the quality of our instructors and curriculum. Our professors bring relevant theoretical and practical knowledge to the classroom that you can put to use immediately on the job.
- Student Support. Our faculty advisors will help you design the appropriate plan to achieve your objectives and career goals. Tutoring is also available for many introductory-level courses.
- Work/Life Learning Credit. Strayer University offers college credit for your previous work and life experience, education and equivalency exams.
- Career Development Assistance. Career information, job referrals, and résumé assistance are available to students on an individual basis.
- Financial Aid Advising. Financial advisors will help you understand your financing options, including grants, scholarships, federal and private loans, payment plans, and more.
The value of a degree or certification is only as high as the standards of the university that confers it. For over 115 years, Strayer University has been dedicated to ensuring the quality of our instructors and curricula, while also providing the tools and support necessary for you to achieve your goals.
Education for the way you live and learn.
Strayer University understands that our students’ schedules are demanding. That’s why we offer three educational formats to make getting to class more practical: campus, online synchronous, and online asynchronous. All three formats are designed to provide a quality education in the most convenient way possible.
Participate in dynamic classes on campus. Working students can learn in the traditional classroom setting at the times that fit their schedule. Day and evening classes are offered seven days a week at a campus near your home or office. There are more than 70 campuses in Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Washington, D.C., and West Virginia.
Online synchronous format. Synchronous classes meet online on the same day and time every week. With this format, you’ll hear live audio from the professor, supported by a “virtual blackboard.” You can also use real-time text messaging to ask questions or interact with your professor and classmates.
Online asynchronous format. Online asynchronous classes provide the maximum scheduling flexibility, allowing you to attend class any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. With this format, you’ll access recorded audio lectures, video presentations, and other instructional materials via the Internet. You’ll also have the option to participate in real time chats, which permit more interaction among the students.
Strayer University ranks high among military students.
At Strayer University, we proudly welcome military students who have served or are currently serving our country. Established in 1892, Strayer University offers students a quality education that’s affordable, convenient, and supportive.
Strayer University salutes all of America’s active duty military and veterans for their service to our country, and we acknowledge that their families make important sacrifices that allow them to do so. Now, we want to assist you in achieving your educational and professional goals. Here are a few of the many ways we can help you earn your degree:
- Our active duty military scholarship supplements the military’s tuition assistance program to offer 100% tuition coverage for undergraduate tuition and a majority of graduate tuition.
- Strayer University enrolls veterans for approved degree programs using educational benefits available through the Post 9-11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) and other VA programs. In addition, our Yellow Ribbon Scholarship provides additional funding to offset any tuition and fee expenses that are not covered by your Chapter 33 benefits.
- The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program offers up to $6,000 in tuition assistance for qualified, active duty spouses to pursue education or other credentials leading toward a portable career.†
- Additionally, we recognize that the previous educational experience and valuable training you have acquired in the military may help you earn credit toward completing your degree.
When you enroll at Strayer University, you’ll join thousands of active duty service members and veterans who attend classes online and on campus. These students benefit from Strayer University’s dedicated team of admissions officers, academic advisors, and technical support staff that provide you with the guidance and encouragement you need to ensure your educational success.
† PLEASE NOTE: As of 2/17/10, the Office of the Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Military Community and Family Policy has announced that they have temporarily halted the MyCAA program which provides tuition assistance for military spouses. They are currently not accepting any new accounts or financial assistance. To learn more about the temporary pause of MyCAA and for information about other potential educational funding opportunities, call 1-888-256-9920 or e-mail the MyCAA staff at [email protected].
Strayer University’s Business Office can provide information regarding financing options for eligible students, as well as other sources of funding such as active duty military tuition assistance, veterans educational benefits, MyCAA funding, Federal grants and loans, private loans, payment plans, and scholarships. Continuing your education may be more affordable than you think.
- Active-Duty Military Scholarship. Strayer University is a GoArmyEd, NCPDLP, and Air University ABC School, as well as a member of the Service members Opportunity Colleges. Under our scholarship program, active duty military students will be responsible for $0 per class for all undergraduate courses and $375 per class for all graduate courses.
- Veterans Educational Benefits. Most of the programs offered by Strayer University are approved for the enrollment of persons eligible to receive VA educational benefits through Chapter 33 of the Post 9/11 GI Bill and/or other benefit programs offered by the VA. Furthermore, Strayer University offers a Yellow Ribbon Scholarship to all eligible veterans to cover any expenses not included under the Post 9/11 GI Bill. Our certifying officials can help you understand the benefits that are available to you and assist you with submitting your application packages.
- Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA). The MyCAA program provides up to $6,000 for military spouses who are interested in pursuing degrees, licenses, or professional credentials that lead to employment in high-growth, in-demand, and portable career fields.
- Federal Grants and Loans. Federal financial aid is available to those who qualify. Federal grants do not have to be repaid and Federal loans are available that offer funds at a reduced interest rate or with deferred payment.
- The Bailey Family Foundation Scholarship. The Bailey Family Foundation, founded in 1996 by Strayer University past President Ron K. Bailey, offers scholarship programs to high school seniors as well as current college students of any age with demonstrated scholastic achievement and financial need. A limited number of these scholarships are reserved for Strayer University students.
- Employer Tuition Assistance. Many companies provide tuition benefits to their employees in the form of either direct payment to the school or reimbursing tuition expenses directly to the employee/student. Please check with your company’s Human Resources or Training and Education department for more information about the education benefits available to you.
- Private Loans. Low cost, private loans are available to undergraduate and graduate students. These loans can also fill the financial gap not covered by federal student aid programs.
Strayer University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104; 267-284-5000), which is one of the six regional accrediting bodies in the United States. The Commission is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.